Thursday 11 August 2011

My very first time, the Afghan Restaurant Lemar in Munich

I enjoyed an evening out with my colleague in Munich. Where are we going to have dinner? Jana selected the restaurant Lemar in the Brunnstrasse. A real adventure for me, my very first Afghan restaurant. The colours and lights of the restaurant created a warm atmosphere. The menu card was restricted with only vegetables, lamb and chicken. There was no beef, fish or pork available. The choice however was not easy. I selected a starter of chicken in a red spicy crust and quark sauce. It was very good. My main course was a stew of lamb with rice. To drink, I stayed with a normal Bayerisch beer. We were satisfied like all other customers because the restaurant was completely full.

Ik heb genoten van een avondje uit met een collega in München. Waar gaan we dineren? Jana heeft het restaurant Lemar gekozen in de Brunnstrasse. Een groot avontuur voor mij, want dit was mijn eerste Afghaanse restaurant. De kleuren en het licht creëerden een warme sfeer. De kaart was echter beperkt met groenten, kip en lamsvlees. Runds-, varkensvlees en vis worden in deze keuken niet geserveerd. De keuze was echter niet gemakkelijk. Ik koos als voorgerecht kip in een pikant rood korstje met quark saus. Het was zeer goed. Mijn hoofdgerecht was gestoofde lam met rijst. Als drank bleef ik bij een gewoon witbiertje. We waren tevreden zoals alle andere klanten, want het restaurant was volgeboekt..

Afghan Restaurant Lemar Munich
Afghan Restaurant Lemar Munich
Afghan Restaurant Lemar Munich
Afghan Restaurant Lemar Munich
Afghan Restaurant Lemar Munich
Afghan Restaurant Lemar Munich
Afghan Restaurant Lemar Munich
Afghan Restaurant Lemar Munich
Previous Restaurant article: Wagyu Carpaccio on the terrace of Grand Cafe Lamot, Mechelen

Return to main page

9 comments:

  1. I have been 4 or 5 times now there and it was always very delicious: I like the cuisine a lot...the service is sometimes a bit sleepy;-)

    the pictures from the inside became lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is your first time, but not mine.

    I have not tried it before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love Afghan foods, especially I do not know how to cook lamb :) I am glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely meal -and no bombs!

    Aloha from Waikiki;

    BLOGGER is not updating my links again, so please come and visit; thanks!


    Comfort Spiral
    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope, you had no stomach problems :)
    Greetings from Greece

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lamb's yummy.... a new experience for you... And another new good stuff from Jana... good influence! :=)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The food looks yummy too. I always love the Afghan or the Mugal kind of food. The kebabs and the tandoori mmmm. You are teasing me. Ok Weekend in our favorite Kabul restaurant in Chennai. Yes, I blame you for that :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. The place has rich, vibrant colour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How funny, Filip - I thought all you were eating was carrots when I first saw your photos! I thought, "No wonder he is so elegantly thin!" Now I'm wondering, "How does he eat all that and stay so svelte?"

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.