Wednesday 22 February 2012

Cheers, the most famous bar in Boston from the TV Series

During my first Boston visit, I did not find the Cheers bar but this time I kept on searching. It is located north of Boston Common Park on 842 Beacon Street. The café is so famous because of the Cheers TV series of the 80’s. I remember it being extremely popular in Europe, seeing all these men at the bar during the day. Ted Danson and Woody Harrelson playing the bartenders, and Kirstie Alley the manager, who were the most know actors. The wooden indian which was seen in every episode stands also here at the door. To refresh your memory, I added a YouTube fragment of a Cheers episode. That particular evening, I certainly enjoyed my beer and hamburger at the bar, and indeed there were enough people to chat with, luckily no shrink who completely analyses you like on TV.

Gedurende mijn vorige bezoek aan Boston kon ik de Cheers bar niet vinden maar deze keer bleef ik zoeken. Cheers is gelegen juist boven Boston Common Park op 842 Beacon Street. Het café is zeer beroemd vanwege de populaire TV reeks Cheers uit de jaren 80. Ted Danson en Woody Harrelson stonden achter de toog en Kirstie Alley was de manager, deze waren de meest bekende acteurs. De houten indiaan die in iedere aflevering te zien was, staat hier aan de ingang. Om u geheugen op te frissen hebben we een YouTube fragment toegevoegd van een Cheers aflevering. Die avond heb ik genoten van een biertje en hamburger aan de toog, en nu waren er ook genoeg mensen die graag een praatje maakten, gelukkig geen zielenknijper die me volledig analyseerde zoals op TV..

Cheers
Cheers
Cheers
Cheers
Cheers
YouTube - TV Series Cheers


Previous Boston article: Boston Harborwalk Fort Point and its modern architecture

Previous Bar article: Ladies night at the 1897 Bar in the Kempinski Hotel, Dubai

Return to main page

13 comments:

  1. It is actually a very nice and cozy looking little place. Almost more like a restaurant and not a bar. I didn't know they had hamburgers, as well. But I never watched the show, did you? I might watch if I can find it in repeats somewhere, it was so highly acclaimed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats so funny-I remember watching the serie back in Sofia whne I was 10 or so:-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember my parents loved this old TV show. Neat that you've been there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots of the famous bar. It is always exciting to visit locations of favourite shows or movies. We visited some in England and Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, this is all looking familiar. I remember those days :^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you will be in my mind as I see the show!


    Aloha from Waikiki
    Comfort Spiral

    >< } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wat gaaf om daar dan even te zijn!
    Groetjes Cristien.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to love to watch the show when it first came out on TV. Great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember that series, was very nice and funny

    Ciao
    Stefano

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leuk, mooie serie. Geeft toch iets specialls aan de plek.
    Groetjes, Mirthe

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think many people come to visit this bar while in Boston. Did you go inside to have a drink? My only time in Boston the temperature was freezing and occasionally snowing so I could not venture to find this place. I was only able to find the "replica" Cheers bar by Quincy Market.

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of my favorite ! the song, the jokes all coming back ! thanks !!!!
    "Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
    Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot ......."

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to watch Cheers as a teenager in the 80's. I always thought it would be great to visit the bar. It looks just like it did on TV.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.