Thursday 2 February 2012

Baumkirche with graveyard in Berg Am Laim, Munich

In fact, I was returning from another church which was being renovated when I saw this small church with its graveyard. The little church is surrounded by trees and the cemetary looked peaceful. Normally the church is locked but I saw an old lady with her dog entering the church. She had a key. After requesting to see the inside for five minutes, she let me in. I liked the blue wall painting with Jesus on the cross and Our Lady. The altar was special and the paintings on the decorated ceiling were clean and restored. This was the last article of my Munich trips.

In feite kwam ik terug van een andere kerk die werd gerenoveerd, wanneer ik deze kleine kerk zag met zijn kerkhof. De Baumkirche, of boomkerk is omringt door bomen en het kerkhof zag er zeer vredig uit. Ze was gesloten maar opeens zag ik een oude vrouw met haar hond naar binnen gaan, ze had een sleutel. Na een vriendelijk verzoek mocht ik de kerk even binnengaan om eens rond te kijken. De blauwe muurschildering met een gekruisigde Jezus en Moeder Maria was mooi. Het altaar en de schilderwerken op het versierde plafond waren zuiver en gerestoreerd. Dit was voorlopig ons laatste artikel van onze München trips..

Baumkirche
Baumkirche
Baumkirche
Baumkirche
Baumkirche
Baumkirche
Baumkirche
Previous Munich article: Loden-Frey shopping since 1842, Munich

Previous Church article: Saint Peter Basilica the biggest church in the world, Vatican City

Return to main page

13 comments:

  1. Wederom fraaie opnames.....julie zijn al op ontzettend veel mooie locaties geweest,
    fijn dat wij er een beetje van mee mogen genieten.

    Groet, Joop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Da hast du eine schöne Kirche entdeckt, es sieht dort sehr friedlich aus....
    Liebe Grüße, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful series of photos,
    My favorite is the first, love the composition.
    Wish you both a beautiful weekend.
    Mette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like a lot the first picture, there is stg peaceful in it! thanks again for showing me corners of Munich I have not seen/discovered yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely old church this is! and I love old cemeteries. Was squinting to see what some of the gravestone years were there. Bet they were very old. Something about old cemeteries really catches my interests. Have you been to du Pere-Lachaise? Thank you for sharing these lovely church photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very sweet and unusual looking church graveyard...The church is quite ornate for being small, it looks Catholic, the style a bit Spanish...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Something i don't see in the local churches !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your first two photos, it does look so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Een plekje waar ik me zeker niet in kon houden qua fotografie en daarom is dit extra genieten. Wat mooie details en zo rustgevend! Dikke complimenten, groetjes Cristien.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cemetery, I find cemeteries more like beautiful parks than the places of dead persons:)
    We have bought flight tickets to Holland on April. I'm now planning our adventure in Holland and I think we go to Belgium also, I'm so exited to spend some time there and see the gorgeous tulips fields.
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos, lovely church!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad she let you in. Wouldn't have wanted to miss this little cemetery or the chapel!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.