Saturday 8 October 2011

Mussels from Brussels at the Frederiksborg near Koekelberg

Many of you must know our Belgian actor and Karate expert Jean-Claude Van Damme, the “Muscles from Brussels’, he is from this town. During our day trip in Brussels we felt like having a snack. Near the Basilica of Koekelberg you find a nice brassiere called Frederiksborg and they were serving mussels and not muscles. You had a choice between several recipes but we preferred the mussels in garlic and white wine. For me it was less attractive, I don’t like the pulpy animals and took the steak. This together with a good triple beer from the Abbey of Grimbergen located in this region is a real treat.

Voor iedereen die onze Belgische acteur en Karate expert Jean-Claude Van Damme, de “Muscles from Brussels” kent, weet dat hij van deze stad is. Gedurende onze daguitstap in Brussel wilden we ergens een kleinigheid gaan eten. Dichtbij de Basiliek van Koekelberg vind je een mooie Brasserie, Frederiksborg genaamd. Hier serveerden ze mosselen en geen spieren van Brussel. We hadden keuze uit verschillende recepten maar gaven voorkeur aan mosselen in look en witte wijn. Voor mij was het minder aantrekkelijk daar ik niet van de kleine weekdiertjes hou, dus nam ik een steak. Zoiets samen met een lekkere trippel van de Abdij van Grimbergen uit de regio is een echt festijn..

Restaurant Frederiksborg Brussel
Restaurant Frederiksborg Brussel
Restaurant Frederiksborg Brussel
Restaurant Frederiksborg Brussel
Restaurant Frederiksborg Brussel
Previous Brussels article: Art Deco Basilica Koekelberg in Brussels

Return to main page

8 comments:

  1. A lovely Restaurant with a comfortable atmosphere. The meal to look delicious. Have a nice weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the decoration inside...yumyum mussels with good Belgian beer, nothing beats this, I agree:-)))fijne weekend, in chocolate-beer-land!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mussels!! The beef in red wine? Looks delicious! I wouldnt mind having that too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like you, I rather have a steak. Although mussels in garlic and wine might be worth trying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be interesting to dine out in many different places.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only had mussels once and it was in Brussels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never knew that Jean-Claude Van Damme was from Belgium. All these years I thought that he is from France. Now I know that he is associated with this Mussels City :D

    Beautiful pictures!

    Cruise Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you serious? I neve knew that! Now it axplains the name! The mix of French and Dutch (before I know he's Belgian) words in his name.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.