Friday 17 June 2011

Free Rotterdam Harbour Museum, a good tip for visitors

Close to the Erasmus bridge, you find the Rotterdam Harbour Museum. This is a good tip for tourists because it is free of charge. In the Leuvehaven (Leuve Harbour) there is a walking platform between the classic boats and boards indicate the history of each vessel. On the Quay you find an old train and cranes. What we found the most interesting was an old Fire Department boat in flashy yellow. Some of the boats are more than hundred years old and still working.

In de buurt van de Erasmusbrug vind je het Rotterdams Havenmuseum. Dit is een goede tip voor toeristen daar het gratis is. In de Leuvehaven heeft men een wandelplatform gebouwd tussen de klassieke boten en op borden kan je de geschiedenis van iedere boot lezen. Op de kaai staat een oude trein en loskranen. Wat we het leukste vonden was de brandweerboot in felle gele kleuren. Sommige vaartuigen zijn meer dan 100 jaar oud en werken nog steeds..

Rotterdam Havenmuseum
Rotterdam Havenmuseum
Rotterdam Havenmuseum
Rotterdam Havenmuseum
Rotterdam Havenmuseum
Rotterdam Havenmuseum
Rotterdam Havenmuseum
Previous Rotterdam article: Sculpture Trail on the Westersingel, Rotterdam

Return to main page

8 comments:

  1. great tip-bedankt+fijne weekend:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful maritime sights!




    Aloha from Honolulu :)

    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>


    ><}}(°>

    <°)}}><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking us on a trip! Lovely photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the gold medal on the ship looks very interesting. anything that is free is also very welcome for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for this lovely pictorial tour!

    brilliant post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the red lighthouse – it looks like it is in the middle of the road. Rotterdam must be an exciting city. I read your last post – I’d love to try the raspberry dessert – yum! I bought some raspberries last week and mixed them with strawberries to make jam – I added some black pepper and Italian Balsamic vinegar, just a tad to give it a little more excitement – it is good. You know what I liked with I was in Holland? Croquettes – they tasted different than from other places.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vagabonde (above) has just told me about your blog, Filip, because I am from Atlanta (where she lives!) but now live in Gorinchem, NL, with my Dutch wife. Since I'm learning Dutch, she thought your posts would be good for me. YES, they are! I'm gonna add you to my Google Reader so I can stay up on you.

    It's a small world after all. I see you are from Zoetermeer. WOW. You aren't that far away from us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your visit and comment on my blog. I appreciate you and your time. :) Nice pictures by the way ! XO

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.